The best recipe I’ve tried (to date) from Pinterest is this dessert pizza. It’s the two greatest things in history combined! It can’t fail!!
I read an article in Fast Company about Ben Silberman (the creator of Pinterest) and he said that Ann Romney was one of the first celebrities to be on Pinterest. So naturally, I looked her up. She actually has almost 17000 followers. Ridiculous! Lots of her pins are largely political, (i.e. see her boards: Patriotic, Campaign and The Romney Family Table), but her recipe board is fantabulous (that’s a new word dedicated entirely to this board). My favourite recipe from her board is this dessert pizza, and one of the few I’ve actually made. It’s also super cheap and can feed a ton of people!!
I’ve provided the recipe at the end, and I’ve made a few modifications, and you can do the same! It’s dessert and pizza, there’s no wrong way to do this!
Let me know what ingredients you chose to leave out or include! And any of your other favourite Ann Romney pins 🙂
Brownie and Berry Dessert Pizza*
- 1 Box of Betty Crocker Brownie Mix (even go gluten-free if you’re into that sort of thing)
- include all ingredients called for on box
- (I’ve used the Ghirardelli brownie mix — it’s to die for!!)
- 1 pkg/8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups sliced fresh strawberries (Mmmm)
- 1 cup blueberries (I don’t do this one, as I’m not crazy about blueberries)
- 1 cup raspberries (I double this, because I looove raspberries!)
- 1/2 cup apple jelly (I never use a full 1/2 cup; I suggest a 1/4 or 1/3 cup. Also, I like to use seedless raspberry jelly, I think it really plays up the berries.)
- Heat oven to 350F or 325F for dark and nonstick. Grease bottom of pizza pan.
- In a large bowl, stir brownie mix and ingredients. Spread on the pizza pan.
- Throw it in the oven, and bake for 18-20 minutes (or until a toothpick comes out clean).
- Cool completely. (Betty Crocker suggests an hour, but I found I needed longer so it wasn’t a mess when I spread on the icing.)
- While it’s baking and cooling, whip up some icing by beating together the cream cheese, sugar and vanilla. Spread evenly over the brownie ‘crust.’
- Slice up some strawberries, raspberries and whatever else sounds delicious! The recipe calls for 4 cups total of all berries, I find that to be a lot, but you can be the judge of that. And then place berries on pizza.
- Stir jelly until smooth. Brush over berries.
- Refrigerate until chilled, and serve.
*Original recipe from Betty Crocker