Halloween is next week, and that obviously means pumpkins! I don’t like pumpkins (to eat, or have as a spice latte), but I love decorating them. This year I found some mini pumpkins at Safeway (only $0.70!). I used glitter, glue, electrical tape, paper, sharpies, and of course a mini pumpkin to create this (all things I had previously). This DIY cost seventy cents 🙂 (yasssss)
2. Pour glitter. Pour glitter (read: dump it on!) Collect the excess off a paper underneath the pumpkin and put back in the container so you don’t waste it. Let the glitter sit for a moment.
3. Shake off excess glitter. Tip the pumpkin over to gently shake off excess glitter. You should now have a glittery spider web!
4. Make a small spider. I used electrical tape. It’s an odd choice, but it does the trick! I made some into a ball, then added legs. I hole-punched two circles from a piece of white paper and drew two black circles on them to make eyeballs. I glued on the eyes to the spider and the spider onto the pumpkin spiderweb.
5. Draw spiders on pumpkin. Use a Sharpie to draw spiders dangling from the web, and maybe some flies in it! 🙂
6. TA-DA! Use with a centrepiece, on a tray, or make this on a bigger pumpkin and have outside your door!
What’s your favourite DIY pumpkins? (I’m currently loving the donuts – that just may be next!)