The weather is better. The sky is bluer. Everything is grander! Make this week special by trying out these lemonade recipes from YummyHealthyEasy.com.
1. Strawberry Basil Lemonade – *This one has no added white sugar! Oooh health!
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1 lemon, peeled and halved
- 4 strawberries, hulled
- 4 tbsp. honey or agave
- 1/2 to 1 cup ice cubes
- Add all ingredients into a blender and blend it up until its blended, like blenders do. (It will be creamier, thicker lemonade.)
- Pour into cups and sprinkle on some lemon slices and basil to get all fancy.
Serve this one to some friends – you’ll look extra fancy!
2. A ‘Fake’ Starbucks Passion Tea Lemonade – I don’t drink coffee, this is one of my ol’ faithfuls at Starbucks all year round.
- Boil 8 oz. of water in kettle, and steep 2 bags of Tazo Passion Tea (available at Starbucks and elsewhere) for 15 minutes.
- While still warm, stir in 2 spoons of sugar (or more, or any sweetener of your choice.)
- Fill a glass with ice.
- Pour in your 1 part tea, and two parts lemonade (like Simply Lemonade or Minute Maid).
- (I also do a shot of raspberry – you can buy syrups from Starbucks or other specialty stores, like deLuca’s in Winnipeg.)
- Stir and voila! You’re officially a barista!
3. Easy Lemonade – that’s a little more impressive!
- 1 (12 oz.) can of frozen lemonade concentrate (I recommend Minute Maid).
- 1 (12 oz.) can of frozen limeade concentrate.
- 4 cups of cold water.
- 1 L. Sprite.
- Mix the lemonade and limeade together in a large pitcher.
- Add in the 4 cups of cold water.
- To serve: fill glass 2/3 full of lemonade mix and add 1/3 Sprite.
- Put a lime and/or lemon on the rim for some zesty-ness!
Check out all the recipes on YummyHealthyEasy.com
Also check out some of my other ideas for these warmer days ahead in this post.