It’s Black Fridaaaaaayyy!! Let the deals flow!
Last year was my first real Black Friday experience, and it was the grandest thing of life. I was in Wisconsin with my grandparents, aunt and uncle, and four of my cousins. We feasted, played some catch phrase, made a game plan and hit Mayfair Mall at midnight. Macy’s for two hours, and then the rest of the mall for four hours, plus a trip to Cinnabon…and a three course meal for my one cousin – he ate pizza, pasta, and chinese food at 6 a.m – yea. All around a solid day! And hit it back up later that evening with my grandparents. My shoe game is strong after Black Friday – so many! (My suitcase was over 50 pounds, but thank goodness for the nice Delta people!)
First major tip for Black Friday, go early!! If you want the best deals you’re going to have to get up early. Many stores just have certain deals for midnight hours. For example: American Eagle has done 50-60% off everything, but only until 6 a.m., Abercrombie had the same deal but only until 4 p.m. After that it drops to 40%.
Next, do your homework! Look up flyers online. Know where you’re going, what’s opening at what time, what deals happen at certain times (some doorbusters happen throughout the night and morning).
Follow stores on social media and sign up for emails! Very often stores, particularly boutiques will release their Black Friday deals to their followers first. Follow stores on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest and then emails. Stores will put up extra coupons for followers. Signing up for emails isn’t always everyone’s favourite thing (I’m that girl with hundreds of unopened emails), but I get great coupons!
So here’s the stores I’ll be heading to this Black Friday, and Cyber Monday:
- Urban Outfitters: 50% off sale items in-store. Midnight locations, if you are one of the first 50 in line you’ll get a tote! (All about those totes.) And an extra 25% off sale items online.
- Dynamite: 40% off EVERYTHING online! And it’s free shipping right now. 40% off select in-store too! Man, I love this place.
- Abercrombie & Fitch: 50% off entire store and online! Online use code: UPFOR50 for US orders. 40% off entire store and online for Canada site. Use online code: 15888. $5 flat rate shipping on all orders.
- Macy’s: their homepage shows all their deals!! Check it out. Last year their boots were a steal!!
- Sephora: $12 deals on select items.
- Target: Find your flyer! I’m going here to get a GoPro Hero 3 – $229 (reg. price) with a free $60 gift card. My advice for Target is know what you’re going for, otherwise I’d just stick to the mall.
- American Eagle: 40% off errrrthang online and in-store! Use code: GOBBLEUP online. And it’s free shipping. Fabulousss. Aerie Ladiesssss!
My cousin, Mariah (right) and I on Black Friday (evening) last year. Yes, that’s a choir and orchestra of singing bears.
Photo taken on iPad (yup, I did that).